During regular hours, please contact your veterinarian.
1. Remain calm.
If you pet needs veterinary care, take action. If unsure, and your regular veterinarian is closed, then call the Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Waterloo Region for advice at 519-650-1617.
2. Protect your pet from further injury.
Gently wrap your pet in a blanket, pets may bite or scratch when in pain.
3. Direct pressure may be applied to any bleeding area.
4. If poisoning is suspected, bring the product and packaging with you.
Call the Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Waterloo Region first as advice such as induce vomiting may be required.
5. If back injury is suspected, move your pet very carefully.
Place on a flat surface and minimize movement.
6. Immediately come to the Emergency Veterinary Clinic.
Located 405 Maple Grove Road, Unit 14, Cambridge Ontario.
7. Plan ahead.
Make sure all family members and care-givers have our contact information and directions to the Emergency Veterinary Clinic.